CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

One year of my life


Well I am wanting to embark on a journey. I just know that even though part of me really wants to, it will be very hard for me. I am talking about a daily blog for one year. That's a big commitment, but I want to try to write SOMETHING about my day or my feelings or just pictures maybe, everyday, for one year. So I am starting today, August 20 (technically its August 21 but I haven't experienced the day yet). To catch up, let me summarize what is going on in my life right now. I moved to Loma Linda, Ca on June 15 of this year. My hubby started PT school in June. The plan was for me to work until he finishes and then we would start our family, or something like that. I am a teacher....but I really don't like being a teacher. So, I decided to become a statistic and leave the teaching profession in the first three years. I have decided through observing Ryan and talking to people, that I want to go to PT school as well. The problem is that I need 28 semester units of classes to meet all of the prerequisites. This is nearly impossible to do while working full time, especially since I am taking mostly science courses with labs. I have decided to go to school full time this year. I am attending SB Valley college, where the tuition is as cheap as possible for a non-resident - $180 a credit hour. This is our first week of classes and I am really excited about being back in school. I have a lot more confidence in my academic abilities than I used to. I have scheduled my classes so that I have MWF during the day free to sub or work a part-time job if I can get one. Tonight I had General Psychology and my teacher is a little nutty but she is kinda funny and she has great stories. The class seems interesting and not too hard. After all, it is a 100 level class. I should be asleep, but I am such a night owl and have not made myself go to bed at a decent hour all summer - which, by the way, has been amazing...not working...yeah. So I will sleep when I'm tired and drag my sorry butt out of bed when the alarm goes off at 8:30. I know that sounds late, but I'm a night owl and I hate waking up. I mean, of course, I'm glad that I wake up vs. the alternative, but I hate the feeling of waking up...maybe because I don't usually get enough sleep...i need like 10 hours a night. I will try to post pictures with each blog. These pictures are out the car window on the way home from Ryan's parents in central Cali a few weeks ago. I just love this time of day. I can't resist snapping photos, even though I'm in a moving vehicle and using a crappy camera.

As I begin this journey of recording the day to day events of one year of my life, the question on everyone's mind - or atleast on mine- is, Can she do it? The answer is, I hope so. I have a very strange relationship with writing. As with many things in my life, my passion for it is inconsistent. Actually, passion is probably the wrong word. Let's just say I appreciate the outlet for personel expression and recognize its value. I'm not good at it and most of the time I don't particularly like it. Therein lies the doubt. We shall see. As Lord Byron would say, "Oh, who can tell, save he whose heart hath tried."

3 comments:

Dore' said...

Blogging every day is quite a commitment but I bet you will begin to look forward to it each day.

And I think you'll make a wonderful physical therapist!

CATHY said...

I am so excited about your commitment. It will give me something to look forward to everyday.
I agree with Dore', you will make a fantastic PT, and I will be your first pt., my shoulder is killing me.

Anonymous said...

Her shoulder is always killing her cuz she has to use it to lift those diet sodas to her mouth daily. heeheehee It is fun to blog and a good outlet.
Happy blogging.