CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First Sewing Project


Ok I've finally gotten around to taking some pictures of the curtains I made for my laundry room. i didn't have a pattern so they're not perfect but they work. Its hard to see because they are sheers, but they are lavendar with a white floral pattern. The other pic is the rest of the laundry room. I have had to kind of put sewing on hold for the moment because it does cost money and Ryan and I are trying to get some things paid off, so there hasn't been any extra money, but I am hoping to do some projects for friends and family to get some more practice. Last week I hemmed some scrub pants for my friend Crystal and she loved how they looked. She confessed that her expectations weren't too high because apparently she has had a bad experience with things being hemmed....Anyway, i'll continue to post pics of the things I make. The third pic is a curtain I got on clearance at target to create some privacy in the den when people stay over.

6 comments:

CATHY said...

Great job Shelly. Your laundry room looks so cute. I can't wait for you and Ryan to get here tomorrow night so we can go shopping for material Friday.
I like the looks of the curtains seperating the den, I bet it originally had French Doors.
Hurry up and get here so we can go have fun!

Cecelia said...

Your house is adorable and you are doing a great job on the decorating. Wish I lived closed because I have a ton of fabric that I would share with you.

CATHY said...

That reminds me Cecelia, we have to bring your suitcase back we borrowed. Guess we will have to fill it up again. :)

Dore' said...

What a nice big laundry room! You are so lucky to have indoor laundry and I thihk you're curtains turned out really nice.

Teen : } said...

Shelly, those turned out so good from the pics. I could tell they were lavender. Love the color. Glad to see your house becoming your home. Cuz home is where your story begins. I hope you two have many stories there.
God bless love ya and happy day.

CATHY said...

Waiting for some new pics of that skirt you made.
Good luck with school
Are you going to be off when we come down there?