CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sabbath always goes so fast

Again, I forgot to post last night. I am realizing that it is much harder to fit it in on the weekends. I think I am just so busy doing fun/relaxing things that I don't think about it before I go to bed. Yesterday was a nice Sabbath but it went too fast as always. We didn't make it to church unfortunately (shame on us!), but Jesse, Joanna, and Maddie came over for lunch. We had tortellini, peas, a delicious salad and they brought some really good garlic bread. We had white cake and chocolate peanut butter ice cream for dessert. After lunch we chatted a little and then parted ways to take naps and so they could take care of Maddie. In the evening we went for two short walks, one at the VA hospital and another in Redlands. We topped off the evening with a trip to Nubi, delicious tart frozen yogurt - I get mine with fresh blueberries. Last night Ryan and I watched a couple episodes of Generation Kill, an HBO miniseries about the war in Iraq. I thought it would be kind of like Band of Brothers, but it was very disappointing. It is extremely hard to follow, so in that sense, is very boring because you have no clue what is going on - you just see them either driving around in their humvees or sitting around in their humvees, and either way, they are dropping f-bombs left and right. So yeah, I don't think I will finish the series - it feels like a waste of time. After that, the Spain - US olympic gold-medal basketball game was on and Ryan wanted to watch it. I popped in a Redbox movie I got - Fool's Gold. I liked it because I was in the mood for a silly meaningless movie that was simply entertaining. Anyway, tomorrow (today) is a big study day for both of us...

2 comments:

CATHY said...

I admire your determination to blog daily. I would love to be able to blog but it takes me forever to get the pics in order so I try to do it a few times a week.
Guess I won't be watching that mini series.
We had a good time this weekend. We missed you both!

The Whitely Family said...

Lunch was way yummy!!! We're so lucky to have you guys as friends! Hope your week goes well.