CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Long, but interesting day



Well today has been a very long day, made bearable only by my fascination with the classes that I am taking. Today I had Chemistry lecture and lab from 11-4. I've never taken a science with a real lab, so it was a fun experience and I am looking forward to all the hands-on learning because it really reinforces the things we are learning. After that I had statistics for 2 hours. My only issue with that class so far is the physical surroundings. The room is about 20x10 ft packed with 60 people, a wall of windows facing the afternoon sun, and minimal air conditioning, probably due to the fact that the building is waaaay older than I am. After that, I had my first session of Anatomy and Physiology lecture from 6-9. So yeah, 11 am-9pm. The A & P class is going to be very interesting as well as challenging, but I'm up for it. I snapped a picture of the sorry lecture hall where the class meets. I'm pretty tired right now which is surprising since its only 11:25, but thats what a long day will do to you. Oh yeah, I almost forgot the best part - I went to gym and worked out on the way home! Are you proud of me? So now I'm just going to finish reading my Christian fiction novel and read a little of Christ's Object Lessons and hit the sack. Tomorrow is a big day of cleaning, grocery shopping, and studying. And then Sabbath! My favorite day of the week.

That reminds me: In my stats class this week, the instructor used Loma Linda as an example saying how the people who live here live longer that most people in the Valley and the students started saying reasons and it was very interesting. They actually knew that it was because we are SDA and rest for a whole day every week. Most of them thought that was a major factor in our extended lives. I feel really sorry for the rest of the world because they are expected to "get stuff done" every day of the week. How exhausting.

This picture is of me holding baby Maddie, Jesse and Joanna's little girl on the day she was born, July 21, 2008. She is a cutie and getting big already!

3 comments:

CATHY said...

Wow Shelly, I got tired just reading your schedule.
I hope Lawren doesn't get jealous if she see's you holding another baby girl.
You look so natural holding that baby, your gonna be such a great mommy.
I am so excited about your daily blog, it is giving me a reason to come to my full day half pay job.
I have a busy day today tho, besides working, I have to make the churches bank deposit, go to the store, mop my floor, change the sheets, pick Tom up tonight from work, our truck is in the shop, en den, I have to go to Oakland to pick Corey up.
We are really going to miss you and Dino!

Anonymous said...

Hello there Shelly, I like that you are going to be blogging. You seem to have adjusted well there. Thats great. I will be praying for you two. New jobs, marriage, school, home. Exciting and fun. When will your family be able to come visit you? Hopefully soon. You decorate cute. Oh,. Love your hair. That baby is adorable.

The Whitely Family said...

Wow...Maddie was so little. She doesn't look anything like that!

Good job keeping up the daily blog. I hope you can do it!